Thursday, November 30, 2006

You've won this round, genetic disposition to poorly-grown moustaches


Well, all good things come to an end. And as many a hipster has shrugged on a street corner, s'all good. Thus all things come to an end. So too does the great Movember experiment. That's the end result sitting there to the right.

It was, if nothing else, an interesting experience. I didn't raise as much as I'd hoped but from what I hear, the Movember campaign as a whole did fairly well. My fellow Mo' bros managed to raise around $6,700 for testicular and prostate cancer research - not bad for a DIY, word-of-mouth campaign.

If you're interested, they'll continue collecting pledges for a few more weeks.

And while I never managed to pay homage to the great Mo' warriors who peaked ahead of their time (Super Mario and Tom Selleck come to mind), I did manage to get mostly beyond that awkward "are you growing a moustache or did you have chocolate milk for lunch?" phase.

But, after several depressing mornings shaving off the three-day old beard that had caught up to the three-week old beard, I've decided I may sit out next year's Movember and wait for Decembeard - if such a thing exists (or if it doesn't, I may have the next great charity idea here).

So thanks to everyone who donated. See below for more Mo' Pho'to' fun!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home